TITLE: Program Assistant
DIVISION: Education Programs Division (EPD)
LOCATION: Moscow, Russian Federation
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager (EPD)
IREX (the International Research & Exchanges Board) is an international nonprofit organization specializing in education, independent media, Internet development, and civil society programs. Through training, partnerships, education, research, and grant programs, IREX develops the capacity of individuals and institutions to contribute to their societies.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
IREX seeks a Program Assistant to assist in the administration of the Eurasian Undergraduate Exchange Program, as well as other education programs in Russia. The Program Assistant will provide logistical and administrative support in the day-to-day administration of program activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with program participants and alumni on program related issues
- Organizing workshops and seminars
- Giving periodic program presentations
- Assisting in program recruitment and selection activities
- Tracking program expenditures, maintaining necessary financial paperwork, and identifying and paying vendors
- Maintaining program databases and files
- Supporting senior staff in overall program administration
The Program Assistant must be very well organized, able to work independently, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines.
- A university degree
- Previous work experience, preferably experience with international projects
- Strong writing and communication skills (English and Russian)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
Send cover letter and resume to IREX/Moscow, attention UGRAD, by fax at (095) 956-0977 or send an e-mail message with subject "program assistant" to email@example.com. No phone calls please.